Proper Financial Practices & Red Zone Retirees
The Redzone Retiree
Now the rubber meets the road. You’re close to that retirement date. The five years before and the five years after retirement is what we like to call the redzone. What happens in these years can be critical to your retirement success.
What keeps The Red Zone Retiree up at night?
- How will I replace my income in retirement?
- I’ve got accounts all over the place – should I consolidate?
- Am I taking too much risk with my investments or should I take more?
- How much can I spend in my retirement and over what period?
- How can I be sure I can really afford to retire?
- What will healthcare cost?
- How do I choose the best time to take social security?
- How do I incorporate my Social Security and pension income into the income I need?
- How do I create income from the assets I’ve accumulated?
- How do I minimize taxes?
- Should I work part-time in case I run out of money.
- Can I give money away and still have enough in retirement?
- Can I afford to stay in my home or should I downsize?
- Can I afford a vacation home and enjoy winters in a better climate?
- What are all rules on taking money from my retirement accounts?